Picture Book Explorers - The Boat - £5.00
A literature based unit study to accompany The Boat by Helen Ward & Ian Andrew
ISBN 978-1840114027 (Book not included)
An old man looks after many neglected animals on his lonely hill-top. Across the valley, the townspeople are wary of him. When a massive rainstorm turns the man's hill into an island, one brave boy tries to help the man and his animals. He is quickly joined by the other townspeople and harmony is restored in the valley.
This Picture Book Explorers topic pack takes you to the Isle of Portland in Dorset. Inside the project pack you will find a complete cross-curricular unit study covering geography, history, English language, art, STEM and more.
Inside the pack:
- information about the author/illustrator
- learn about Dorset
- complete a time line of the 21st century to date
- explore imagery & alliteration
- explore shading & colour
- learn how to depict weather in art
- learn about the water cycle on paper and through an experiment
- learn about lightning
- explore STEM through hands-on activities
- make a regional recipe and more.
BOW topic packs are designed so that you can tailor the activities to give a personalised learning adventure for your child.
- instructions for over 20 activities
- over 20 pages of printables including a timeline, minibook pieces, writing templates, fact sheets and a selection of maps and flags
- supplies list
- book suggestions to help you make this study best fit your child.
After purchase, an email will be sent direct to you with your download link. Please check the email address associated with your Paypal account, including your spam folder.
Suggested Ages: 5 - 10/Pages: 42/File Size: 3.9 MB